Las Vegas Sun

August 28, 2014

Currently: 79° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Overnight fire extinguished at Las Vegas business

Fire

An early morning fire caused between $50,000 and $100,000 in damage to a Las Vegas business.

Las Vegas Fire & Rescue firefighters were dispatched at 3:33 a.m. to the House Depot, 3001 Contract Ave., near 30th Street and East Charleston Boulevard, on reports of a possible explosion.

When firefighters arrived, smoke and flames were coming from the two-story brick building. Firefighters forced their way into the building and quickly extinguished a fire on the first floor, said Tim Szymanski, spokesman for Las Vegas Fire & Rescue.

There were no injuries reported, and the fire is currently under investigation.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy