Las Vegas Sun

August 30, 2014

Currently: 95° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Fire breaks out at downtown Las Vegas wedding chapel

Las Vegas firefighters put out a fire early Wednesday in the steeple of the Wee Kirk O’ the Heather wedding chapel downtown, officials said.

At 4:02 a.m., a passerby reported smoke coming from the chapel at 231 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas Fire & Rescue spokesman Tim Szymanski said.

Firefighters climbed to the metal steeple and cut a small hole in it before dousing the flames with foam, officials said.

The fire was caused by an electrical malfunction, Szymanski said. Damage is estimated at $5,000.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy