Las Vegas Sun

December 20, 2014

Currently: 51° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Henderson home catches fire, displacing residents

House fire

Three people were displaced from their Henderson home after it caught fire from an electrical wiring malfunction around 4:45 p.m. today.

Henderson Fire Department Battalion Chief Mike Gibson said one of the home’s occupants noticed the fire and reported it. Henderson firefighters arrived at the two-story home near Carnegie Drive and Horizon Ridge Parkway and located the fire on the first floor.

Gibson said firefighters extinguished the flames quickly. The fire caused $40,000 in damage to the home. No one was injured.

Gibson said fire investigators later determined the fire was accidental, stemming from an electrical wiring malfunction.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy