Las Vegas Sun

July 29, 2014

Currently: 81° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Rehan Choudhry resigns as Cosmopolitan entertainment director

Image

Christopher DeVargas

Rehan Choudhry, opening entertainment director at Cosmopolitan, will leave his post April 9, 2012.

If you grooved to The Black Keys at the Chelsea, danced to Girl Talk overlooking the Strip or bounced to Fitz & The Tantrums at Book & Stage—if you saw any concert at the Cosmopolitan in the last year—you can thank Rehan Choudhry, the 32-year-old entertainment director of the hip Strip property.

But you better do it quick.

More

From the Archives
Q&A with Rehan Choudhry

Choudhry is leaving his post at the Cosmopolitan, effective April 9. The Atlantic City-import, who moved to town specifically to work at the Cosmopolitan, says he has resigned his position but will stay in Las Vegas. He plans to launch his own business venture, to be announced soon.

Choudhry’s departure does not mean an end to Cosmopolitan’s musical focus. The Shins are scheduled to play Boulevard Pool on April 13; Justice will play the same venue April 19; and Young the Giant will takeover the pool May 26. Choudhry says the property’s programming has been booked through 2012. As he told the Weekly in December, “We’re going bigger next year. You’re gonna see our music program become more eclectic but stay very true to the audience we’ve built.”

That audience will likely appreciate Choudhry’s work, even after he’s moved on.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy