Monday, July 23, 2012 | 2 a.m.
It's time once again to pick the winner of the monthly Smithereens Cartoon Caption Contest.
Below are the five best submissions, as selected by the Sun's editors. Now you get to vote for your favorite until 5 p.m. Friday. We'll announce the winner July 30.
Vote below, then tell your friends to vote. If you think you have a better idea, feel free to leave it in the comments below. But sorry, it's too late to be the winner if you're not already a finalist.
Smithereens Cartoon Caption Contest
- Which caption is best?
- "And I said, 'Sure honey, you can use the family room to start a little business.' " — 24.3%
- "Darn, I missed the yard sale at Lonnie Hammargren's house." — 23.9%
- "I got sued for naming it Foreclosure Station so I went with Underwater Bay." — 22.0%
- "Yeah, the HOA has a problem with my weeds also." — 15.3%
- "Isn't this taking 'We love locals' a little too far?" — 14.5%
This poll is closed, see Full Results »
Note: This is not a scientific poll. The results reflect only the opinions of those who chose to participate.