Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Friday, July 13, 2012 | 12:50 p.m.
- UNLV president: On-campus stadium looking like a reality, could be filled with more events than UNLV football
- Rebels football will play at Michigan in 2015 season
- Rebels need the summer to try to become a team with more than potential
- Navy cancels four-year series with UNLV football
- Having Marcus Sullivan back in the return game makes UNLV instantly better
- UNLV redshirt freshman QB Nick Sherry ready to compete for starting spot
- All UNLV Football Coverage
UNLV football will play three day games at Sam Boyd Stadium this season, including the Battle for the Fremont Cannon against UNR at noon on Oct. 13, it was announced Friday.
The Mountain West released the kickoff times for all of the remaining games on its members’ schedules. For UNLV, that included eight games that were still awaiting their official start times. Television information for all eight of those games will be announced at a later date.
The five home games that were unveiled include: Northern Arizona (Sept. 8 at 7 p.m.), Air Force (Sept. 22 at 7 p.m.), Nevada, Reno (Oct. 13 at noon), homecoming against New Mexico (Nov. 3 at 1 p.m.) and the home finale against Wyoming (Nov. 17 at 1 p.m.). This is the most day games the Rebels will play at home since 2006.
The road games include: at San Diego State (Oct. 27 at 5 p.m.), at Colorado State (Nov. 10 at 4 p.m.) and the regular-season finale at Hawaii (Nov. 24 at 8 p.m.).
Season ticket packages can be purchased by calling 702-739-3267.
The full schedule is below:
Aug. 30, MINNESOTA, 8 p.m., CBS Sports Network
Sept. 8, NORTHERN ARIZONA, 7 p.m.
Sept. 14, WASHINGTON STATE, 6 p.m., ESPN
Sept. 22, AIR FORCE, 7 p.m.
Sept. 29, at Utah State, 5 p.m., ESPN3
Oct. 6, at Louisiana Tech, 4 p.m., ESPN3/WAC Syndication
Oct. 13, UNR, 12 p.m.
Oct. 20, at Boise State, 12:30 p.m.
Oct. 27, at San Diego State, 5 p.m.
Nov. 3, NEW MEXICO, 1 p.m.
Nov. 10, at Colorado State, 4 p.m.
Nov. 17, WYOMING, 1 p.m.
Nov. 24, at Hawaii, 8 p.m.