Monday, Feb. 27, 2012 | 1:58 p.m.
In our sprawling Valley, Downtown has become the bastion of community spirit and action. While reviving the glorious old, entrepreneurs in the area have also been innovating for the future, and there is more to come.
If you want a sneak peek at what that “more” might look like, hit the El Cortez for a celebration of successes so far and a forum on shaping the next era. The Toast to Downtown Tweetup will feature informal show-and-tells from the following speakers:
• Jonathan Ullman, executive director for The National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement
• Danielle Kelly, executive director for the Neon Museum (and Weekly art critic)
• Jennifer and Michael Cornthwaite, managing partners for Emergency Arts
• Miles Dickson, vice president of Moonridge Group and board member of Downtown Cares
• Alexandra Epstein, executive vice president of El Cortez
The event is happening from 6-8 p.m. on Thursday, March 1, at the Parlour Bar inside El Cortez. In addition to the panel of speakers, the evening will include complimentary passed appetizers and live lounge entertainment. Those interested in attending should click here to RSVP.