Las Vegas Sun

November 25, 2014

Currently: 59° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Six displaced after home’s garage catches fire

House fire

Six people were displaced from their Las Vegas home Thursday night after the garage caught fire.

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue spokesman Tim Szymanski said firefighters from Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Clark County responded to the garage fire at 4569 Coral Silk Court, near Owens Avenue and Lamb Boulevard, around 7:10 p.m.

Light smoke could be seen in the garage of the one-story home. Szymanski said the fire was confined to the garage and was extinguished in a few minutes, but caused $30,000 in damage to the home. No one was injured in the incident.

Szymanski said fire investigators determined the fire to be an accident, but they could not identify what caused it. The six occupants will be staying with relatives, Szymanski said.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy