Las Vegas Sun

July 23, 2014

Currently: 105° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Infant, adult injured in barbecue grill explosion

Grilling accident

An infant and an adult were injured Friday when a barbecue grill exploded at an east Las Vegas Valley home, according to Clark County officials.

Firefighters and paramedics arrived around 4 p.m. to the residence at 2159 Enfield Circle, near Hollywood and Lake Mead boulevards, officials said.

The adult had turned on the propane grill and went inside the home, officials said.

When the person returned carrying the infant, the grill was lit, causing an explosion from gas that had built up, officials said.

The two victims were transported to University Medical Center, officials said.

Fire officials say grilling accidents happen every year and offer several tips that can be found on the Clark County website.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy