Published Thursday, Jan. 6, 2011 | 7:27 a.m.
Updated Thursday, Jan. 6, 2011 | 8:05 a.m.
- Company plans to rebrand closed Ritz-Carlton at Lake Las Vegas (9-21-2010)
- Lake Las Vegas, 350 workers say goodbye to Ritz-Carlton (5-2-2010)
- Part of MonteLago Village Resort at Lake Las Vegas gets new owner (4-16-2010)
- Bankrupt Lake Las Vegas targeting former investors (4-12-2010)
- Residents of Lake Las Vegas told recovery on the way (4-9-2010)
- Wide-open fairways at Lake Las Vegas (3-31-2010)
- Casino’s closure brings mixed outlooks on Lake Las Vegas (3-15-2010)
- Lake Las Vegas: A shining lakeside oasis loses its luster (3-1-2010)
- Population dearth doomed Casino MonteLago at Lake Las Vegas (3-1-2010)
- Casino MonteLago at Lake Las Vegas to close next month (2-16-2010)
- Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas to close in May (2-8-2010)
- Lake Las Vegas proposes bankruptcy plan (9-5-2009)
- Judge approves bankruptcy for Lake Las Vegas golf course (6-29-2009)
- Another golf course to close at struggling Lake Las Vegas (6-25-2009)
- Residents of bankrupt Lake Las Vegas face uncertainty (3-23-2009)
The former Ritz-Carlton hotel at Lake Las Vegas has a new name, Ravella at Lake Las Vegas, and is reopening on Feb. 11.
Dolce Hotels & Resorts, which took over the lease for the 349-room Henderson property, is offering opening-weekend special rates of as low as $89 per night for locals. Non-local opening special rates are in the range of $135 for a room or $175 for a suite.
Dolce today said it redesigned the property lobby to be a high-energy, social gathering spot at Ravella, which is oriented toward marketing to meetings and events like weddings.
New dining and spa concepts will complement offerings at the Village at Lake Las Vegas, where Ravella guests will have "privileged access."
The collaboration will enable guests to enjoy preferred reservations and have the option to bill Village meals to their guestroom at Ravella, Dolce said.
Ravella’s name is based on the coastal town of Ravello in southern Italy and was inspired by the word "revel" meaning "to take great pleasure or delight," Dolce said.
Dolce is majority-owned by Broadreach Capital Partners of Palo Alto, Calif. In the western United States, Dolce has hotels in Napa and San Jose, Calif., and in Aspen, Colo.
The resort is owned by Village Hospitality LLC, which is an arm of Deutsche Bank.
Village Hospitality LLC purchased the property in March 2009. The prior owner of The Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas sought reorganization in April 2008 to stop foreclosure on a $103 million mortgage.
The hotel opened on Feb. 11, 2003. Before Village Hospitality purchased the property, Village Hotel Investors LLC had owned it since it opened.
About 350 employees lost their jobs when the Ritz-Carlton closed in May.
Casino MonteLago, which is attached to the resort through a walkway, closed in March. The casino’s owners said the closure was a direct result of the Ritz-Carlton’s announcement to close. The casino was owned by CIRI Lakeside Gaming Investors LLC and leased through Village Hospitality LLC.
Reservations are being accepted at www.RavellaVegas.com or calling 888-810-0440.