Friday, Feb. 4, 2011 | 11:04 a.m.
Anthony M. Carleo, the alleged “Biker Bandit” and son of a Las Vegas judge, is due in court Monday morning on charges of robbing $1.5 million in casino chips from the Bellagio on Dec. 14, 2010.
Carleo, 29, was arrested on Wednesday at the resort after he was caught trying to sell the stolen $25,000 chips to an undercover Metro detective. Police recovered $900,000 worth of chips and have accounted for another $300,000 in chips.
Judge Ann Zimmerman of the Las Vegas Township Justice Court, Dept. 8, is scheduled to preside over the hearing on Monday at 8:30 a.m.
Carleo, the son of Las Vegas Municipal Court Judge George Assad, is charged with robbery and burglary with a deadly weapon. He is currently being held without bail at the Clark County Detention Center.
- Man has chance encounter on Internet with alleged 'Biker Bandit' (2-4-2011)
- Metro Police arrest judge’s son in Bellagio casino robbery (2-3-2011)
- After Bellagio heist, how slack security can cost Las Vegas casinos (1-11-2011)
- Bellagio nixing $25,000 chip after heist (12-29-2010)
- Bellagio bandit gets $1.5 million in gambling chips (12-14-2010)