Published Friday, April 22, 2011 | 11:08 a.m.
Updated Friday, April 22, 2011 | 3:47 p.m.
Authorities have arrested a second suspect in the March shooting death of a North Las Vegas cabdriver.
Metro Police said Felicia Mosley, 18, was arrested April 4 in Orlando, Fla., on charges of conspiracy to commit robbery and murder.
The charges come after cabdriver Tesfaye Arze, 30, was found dead on High Sierra Avenue near his taxi in the northeast valley.
Police released surveillance video from the cab showing two people who took a ride in the taxi before the shooting. A tip led to the March 11 arrest of Autumn Dawn Murry, 21.
When Murry was arrested, police said they wanted to talk to Mosley as a person of interest, and didn't name her as a suspect in the case. But investigators later secured arrest warrants for Mosley based on new information.
According to an arrest report, detectives learned that Mosley was living with her boyfriend, Saul Moran, in an apartment in the 3100 block of North Pecos Road. Police searched the apartment, which had been boarded up due to the eviction of Mosley and Moran, and found a citation with Mosley’s name and date of birth.
Police then contacted Moran at the North Las Vegas Detention Center on March 17. According to the arrest report for Mosley, Moran told police that Mosley was staying at the Barcelona Hotel, 5021 E. Craig Road, on the night of the murder. He met with her that night, he told police, and she told him about the shooting and the robbery of a Mini Mart.
Police have said they believe robbery was the motive in Arze’s shooting. An hour before the alleged robbery and murder of Arze, Murry is accused of robbing the Mini Mart at 4563 E. Russell Road shortly before 2:30 a.m. Police said Arze was shot that same morning about 3:30 a.m.
Murry remains in jail without bail after being indicted in the shooting by a grand jury on counts of burglary while in possession of a deadly weapon, carrying a concealed weapon, murder with use of a deadly weapon and two counts of robbery with use of a deadly weapon, according to the indictment filed last month in Clark County District Court.
- Woman pleads not guilty in fatal shooting of cabdriver (3-30-11)
- District court hearing set for woman charged in fatal shooting of cabdriver (3-29-11)
- Grand jury indicts woman in fatal shooting of cabdriver (3-23-11)
- Fatal cabdriver shooting case will go to grand jury (3-15-11)
- Police: Woman, 21, robbed store before fatally shooting cabdriver (3-14-11)
- Woman accused in shooting death of cabdriver to go before judge Tuesday (3-14-11)
- Woman arrested in shooting death of North Las Vegas cab driver (3-12-11)
- Company donating billboards in case of slain cab driver (3-9-11)
- Police release taxicab video recorded before fatal shooting (3-7-11)
- Cabdriver fatally shot in apparent robbery attempt (3-4-11)