Monday, May 17, 2010 | 9 a.m.
- More suits over alleged R-J copyrights bring number to 13 (5-14-10)
- Suits accuse groups of posting copyrighted R-J stories (5-5-10)
- Two more websites sued over posting of R-J stories (5-3-10)
- Sixth copyright suit filed over R-J stories on websites (4-26-10)
- 3 copyright suits filed over R-J stories on Web sites (4-16-10)
- Suits accuse 2 groups of posting copyrighted R-J stories online (3-17-10)
A 14th website owner has been sued over allegations it violated copyrights by posting Las Vegas Review-Journal stories without authorization.
Righthaven LLC of Las Vegas filed suit in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas on Friday against Enterprise Funding LLC, a Wisconsin company; and Jeffrey Makinen, whom Righthaven says runs an Enterprise website called statfox.com.
The statfox website, which focuses on sports betting, this winter posted without authorization Review-Journal stories on Super Bowl betting, the lawsuit charges.
A request for comment was placed Monday with the defendants.
Righthaven is a company that has been obtaining copyrights to R-J stories and then suing website owners that allegedly violate those copyrights.