Las Vegas Sun

October 24, 2014

Currently: 87° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Ex-partners in nightclub, restaurant suing Eva Longoria Parker

Updated Wednesday, June 9, 2010 | 10:05 a.m.

Click to enlarge photo

Eva Longoria Parker at Beso and Eve on May 29, 2010.

Beso Grand Opening @CityCenter

Beso restaurant and Eve Nightclub at CityCenter on Dec. 3, 2009. Launch slideshow »

P. Diddy Hosts Party at Eve

Eva Longoria Parker and Sean Launch slideshow »

Two former managers and partners of Eva Longoria Parker’s Beso restaurant and Eve nightclub are suing the actress for allegedly pushing them out of their ownership stake and operation of the CityCenter restaurant-nightclub.

Ronen and Mali Nachum are suing Parker and Beso’s other partner, Jonas Lowrance, alleging breach of contract, assault, false imprisonment and an unpaid loan, according to lawsuit filed in Clark County District Court last week.

The Nachums want to be repaid for a $280,000 loan to the company to fund construction and compensated for damages they’ve suffered, the lawsuit says. They also want to be reinstated as managers at the restaurant-nightclub, according to the lawsuit.

A spokeswoman for Beso and Eve declined to comment on the lawsuit Wednesday morning.

The lawsuit comes a month after the couple was served a temporary protective order and trespass notice signed by Lowrance.

According to the lawsuit, Parker and her accountant lured the Nachums to the restaurant-nightclub in May with the promise of a meeting on finances, but on the day of the scheduled meeting, the Nachums were served with the temporary protective order and trespass notice, barring them from the restaurant-nightclub and its corporate office.

Following those events, the Nachums were locked out of their company e-mail accounts and financial records, and Lowrance and Parker have refused to communicate with the couple, the lawsuit claims.

The lawsuit also alleges employees of the Nachums at the restaurant-nightclub have been fired.

The Nachums said they believe an e-mail sent in April 2010 initiated Parker and Lowrance’s efforts to divest the couple from the club.

In an e-mail signed “The staff at Beso and Eve the Nightclub” sent to Parker, claims were made that the Nachums were stealing cash from the company and accused Ronen Nachum of acting like a “tyrant,” the lawsuit said.

Ronen Nachum has been involved with Parker since 2006 when he oversaw the construction of her Beso restaurant in Los Angeles.

The lawsuit said he was contacted in January 2009 by Beso Hollywood investor Anthony Vicidomine to oversee the construction of Beso and Eve inside Crystals at CityCenter.

In April 2009, the Nachums, Lowrance, Vicidomine, Longoria and John Torregiani Jr. entered into Beso’s original operating agreement. Under the agreement, the Nachums received a 21 percent stake in the nightclub in exchange for supervising the construction.

Lowrance and Vicidomine each received a 24 percent interest in exchange for $500,000, while Parker received 9 percent interest for marketing and publicity services. Torregiani received a 1 percent interest for marketing and publicity consulting services.

In February, Vicidomine filed a lawsuit in Clark County District Court against Beso for more than $750,000 in connection with the sale of 22 percent of his 24 percent interest to Beso. The lawsuit was settled in Clark County District Court in late May.

In addition to the Nachums allegations, the lawsuit details several nonpayment issues at the restaurant-nightclub, including mechanic liens and $400,000 of debt with the restaurant-nightclub’s liquor supplier.

Beso opened at the Crystals retail and entertainment district at CityCenter on Dec. 3, 2009, and Eve nightclub later opened on New Year’s Eve.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy

Previous Discussion: comments so far…

Comments are moderated by Las Vegas Sun editors. Our goal is not to limit the discussion, but rather to elevate it. Comments should be relevant and contain no abusive language. Comments that are off-topic, vulgar, profane or include personal attacks will be removed. Full comments policy. Additionally, we now display comments from trusted commenters by default. Those wishing to become a trusted commenter need to verify their identity or sign in with Facebook Connect to tie their Facebook account to their Las Vegas Sun account. For more on this change, read our story about how it works and why we did it.

Only trusted comments are displayed on this page. Untrusted comments have expired from this story.

No trusted comments have been posted.