Sunday, Feb. 15, 2009 | 3:27 a.m.
- You need to upgrade your Flash Player
Home News Sports Editor Ray Brewer joins Las Vegas Sun hockey writer Steve Silver to discuss the Wranglers rise to the top of the Pacific Division.
- Feb. 12 -- Wranglers reign over Pacific Division
- Feb. 10 -- Wranglers keep hot streak sizzling in 3-2 win
- Feb. 8 -- Owens lifts Las Vegas past Victoria
- Feb. 7 -- Las Vegas rocks Victoria on the road
- Feb. 6 -- Wranglers continue to ride hot streak
- Feb. 5 -- Wranglers smoke Salmon Kings in road trip opener
- Feb. 4 -- Wranglers looking for revenge on the road
- Feb. 3 -- Wranglers narrowly ground Condors
- Feb. 2 -- Orleans Arena sees some NHL action
The streak is officially over.
Less than two minutes into overtime Saturday night, Ontario Reign forward Tim Krauss abruptly halted the Las Vegas Wranglers' eight-game win streak with his 10th goal of the season to rally the Reign 2-1 over the Wranglers in front of 6,657 fans at the Citizens Business Bank Arena.
Although the Wranglers (26-18-5) lost Saturday, they still maintain a one point lead over the Reign (26-19-4) in the Pacific Division.
Las Vegas fell into an early hole when Chris Curran redirected a Mike Howe pass past Wranglers goalie Glenn Fisher to hand the Reign a 1-0 lead 8:38 into the first period.
The Wranglers answered less than six minutes later when Chris Ferrarro tied the game at 1-1 with his team-high 18th goal of the season thanks to a crafty set up by Sean Owens.
Both squads remained scoreless in the second and third periods to force overtime where Krauss netted his fateful goal.
The Wranglers return home to host the Utah Grizzlies (17-16-14) at the Orleans Arena on Sunday at 2:05 p.m.
Steve Silver can be reached at 948-7822 or [email protected].