Tiffany Brown - Life is in the details
Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2009 | 2 a.m.
It’s been said that life is in the details. As a photographer in a world so hurried, in a city as visually overindulgent as Las Vegas, it’s the close examination that often allows me to discover overlooked gems, a more focused approach to the eye-candy around us. And I hope these pictures offer readers a different way of seeing the ordinary.
Whether it’s a patterned field of solar panels. Or an up-close look at retired neon. The simplicity of a human moment, captured. Or the first glance upon slipping under the ocean’s surface on vacation. Details are specifics we can remember. These are few of my favorites snapped along the way in 2009.
- After OK’ing booze restictions on Fremont, Las Vegas turns attention to street performers
- Dirty South is ready to be the Life of the party at SLS Las Vegas
- Las Vegas man added to Nevada casinos’ black list
- They come, they study, they stay: LV is fertile ground for foreign students
- College football by the odds: Vegas picks and preview of week 1 on the gridiron