Tiffany Brown - Life is in the details
Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2009 | 2 a.m.
It’s been said that life is in the details. As a photographer in a world so hurried, in a city as visually overindulgent as Las Vegas, it’s the close examination that often allows me to discover overlooked gems, a more focused approach to the eye-candy around us. And I hope these pictures offer readers a different way of seeing the ordinary.
Whether it’s a patterned field of solar panels. Or an up-close look at retired neon. The simplicity of a human moment, captured. Or the first glance upon slipping under the ocean’s surface on vacation. Details are specifics we can remember. These are few of my favorites snapped along the way in 2009.
- Developers building luxury apartments next to Shops at Summerlin
- With a wink and nod, activist plans BundyFest! to protest rancher Cliven Bundy
- Bern’s-Eye View: New arena pushes Las Vegas forward but isn’t game-changing
- Nevada to investigate short sale flipping
- Family law attorney warns high times might lead to loss of custody