Thursday, Aug. 20, 2009 | 5:46 p.m.
- Judge removes herself in Krolicki case over conflict (8-11-2009)
- Krolicki case might have big price tag (7-31-2009)
- Attorney general's office says it can prosecute Krolicki (5-29-2009)
- 'King of Clubs' has Gentile clan, famed Palomino in sharp focus (3-15-2009)
- Krolicki pleads not guilty to felonies (12-30-2008)
- Krolicki case highlights accounting ethics issue (12-29-2008)
The attorney general's office is back on the criminal case against Lt. Gov. Brian Krolicki — at least temporarily.
District Judge Valerie Adair signed an order today voiding a previous judge's decision disqualifying the attorney general because of a conflict of interest.
The order was the result of an agreement between lawyers for Krolicki and the attorney general's office.
Both sides sought the order after the previous judge, Elissa Cadish, discovered her own conflict of interest and removed herself from the case last week.
As part of the agreement with Krolicki's lawyers, the attorney general's office today withdrew its appeal of Cadish's decision at the Nevada Supreme Court.
But Krolicki's Las Vegas lawyer, Richard Wright, said he expects to raise the issue of disqualifying the attorney general again with Adair, who has scheduled a status check in the case next week.
Krolicki is charged with mishandling up to $6 million in a state college savings plan while he was state treasurer. He has denied wrongdoing.
The state last week approved $415,000 to hire a Las Vegas law firm to prosecute Krolicki in the attorney general's place.