Published Friday, Nov. 7, 2008 | 7:40 p.m.
Updated Saturday, Nov. 8, 2008 | 5:26 p.m.
- Las Vegas routs Foothill in second half
- Green Valley puts game away in first half
- Basic ekes out close win at home
- Palo Verde disposes of Sierra Vista in fourth
- Cimarron rolls over Spring Valley, 35-14
- Cheyenne win sets up rematch with Gorman
- Gorman survives scare from Legacy
- Eamon propels Dragons over Rancho
- High school football scoring updates
Related blog entries
UPDATE: On Saturday, Boulder City falls to Virgin Valley, 39-20.
End of first quarter:
- Cimarron-Memorial is leading Spring Valley 7-0 after a 1-yard touchdown run by junior Zach Barbara.
- Las Vegas High is ahead of Football, 14-6. Emir Lopez has two touchdown passes.
- Bishop Gorman leads Legacy 3-0 at the end of the first thanks to a 27-yard field goal from Colin Distworth.
- Green Valley is 10 points ahead of Desert Pines, which has 0.
- Bonanza and Cheyenne are locked in a 0-0 tie.
- Valley is up 14-7 over Basic. Kerwyn Williams has rushed for one touchdown and thrown for another.
- Del Sol is leading Rancho by a touchdown. At the end of the first, the score is 15-7, Dragons.
- Las Vegas High has doubled up on Foothill, 28-14. Emir Lopez has four touchdown passes.
- Valley and Basic are tied 21-21. Basic's Anthony Lessier picked off a Kerwyn Williams pass and returned it 70 yards for the tying score in the final two minutes of the half
- Cheyenne is leading Bonanza 6-0 at the half.
- Bishop Gorman and Legacy are still 3-0 with the Gaels ahead at halftime.
- At halftime, Cimarron-Memorial is ahead, 14-6. Spring Valley’s Jacques Adams scored on a 76-yard touchdown run, but the Spartans countered when Stephen Nixon scored on a 1-yard touchdown.
- Green Valley is sweeping Desert Pines 32-0. Gators quarterback Nick Libonati had two touchdown receptions in the second quarter. Desert Pines, which has been through three quarterbacks already, has committed three turnovers. The Gators scored on each one.
End of third quarter:
- Upset alert: Legacy takes a 6-3 lead on defending state champion Bishop Gorman. Deshae Edwards had an 8-yard running touchdown.
- Cimarron-Memorial's Stephen Nixon adds two touchdowns -- one for 68 yards and another for 15 yards -- while Zach Barbara tacks on a 73-yard touchdown to bring the Spartans to a 35-6 lead over Spring Valley.
- In the fourth quarter, Palo Verde is storming over Sierra Vista 21-0.
- Las Vegas High is on top of Foothill, 42-14. Emir Lopez now has six touchdowns on the night.
- At the end of the third, Cheyenne is still ahead of Bonanza, 12-0.
- Basic and Valley are still locked in a 21-21 tie.
- At the end of the third, Del Sol has 43 points to Rancho's 29.
- Bishop Gorman grabs a 17-6 win over Legacy. The last score came on a 22-yard touchdown run from Joe Huber with 4:32 left to play.
- Cheyenne defeats Bonanza, 32-7.
- Cimarron-Memorial wins over Spring Valley, 35-14. Stephen Nixon had 168 yards rushing on 24 carries and three touchdowns to drive the Spartans to victory.
- Palo Verde racks up a 21-7 win over Sierra Vista in a game that wasn't as lopsided as most expected. Senior running back Chaz Thomas had two touchdowns in the fourth quarter to define the win for the Panthers.
- Although the second half of Friday's matchup between Green Valley and Desert Pines slowed compared to the first, the Gators were able to pull off a convincing 32-12 win. Desert Pines coach Paul Bennett put in his son, Paul Bennett, as quarterback in the second half. Although the Jaguars scored two touchdowns, one thrown by Bennett, it wasn't enough to eke out a win.
- Las Vegas defeats Foothill, 52-20.
- After a hard-fought game, Basic gets a 34-21 win over Valley.
- Del Sol scored 72 and Rancho had 47. Two touchdowns by Derek Eamon and another from Earnest Hall put the game out of reach.