Letters to Jackie: Remembering President Kennedy
Length: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Synopsis: When President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963, the world came to a crashing halt as the nation grieved for its leader whose promise of a brighter future was cut tragically short. During this time the president’s widow, Jacqueline Kennedy, received thousands of letters from the public offering their heartfelt condolences. This touching film focuses on these deeply personal letters that flooded in from all over the country to comfort a woman they greatly admired who was not just the fashionable First Lady, but also a wife and a mother. Set against a treasure trove of archival footage taken during the Kennedy era, the moving letters are read by twenty of today’s top actors including Jessica Chastain, Chris Cooper, Viola Davis, Zooey Deschanel, Kirsten Dunst, Anne Hathaway, Laura Linney, Frances McDormand, Mark Ruffalo, Octavia Spencer, Channing Tatum, Betty White and Michelle Williams.
- Preview: 2013 American Country Awards on Fox has stars galore, plus, our ‘Jubilee!’ showgirls
- Britney Spears is back in Las Vegas to begin stage rehearsals for ‘Piece of Me’
- Crazy! Circus Circus’ new roller coaster El Loco to open in January
- Will Wrangler National Finals Rodeo up and get all Miss America on us?
- Sexual harassment? Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand