Length: 1 hour, 41 minutes
Synopsis: CBGB follows the story of Hilly Kristal’s New York club from its origins as Country, Bluegrass and Blues (CBGB) to what it ultimately became: the birthplace of underground rock ‘n roll and punk. Kristal, a fan of Country and Bluegrass dreamed of having a club in the lower Eastside that catered to that kind of music, when he had difficulty booking those bands he turned to other kinds of rock music. Hilly had one demand of the acts he booked, they could only play their own original music. No top 40’s, no covers. It was the credo he lived by, support the artist at whatever the cost.
- How popular has soccer become in the U.S.? Check out Nevada’s betting revenue
- Michael Godard: Las Vegas pop artist witnesses McCarran’s midnight circus
- Boyd Gaming sees slight dip in quarterly revenue
- Louis Prima Jr.: ‘This has been a difficult 12 months personally and professionally’
- Health insurance rates likely to rise for Nevadans next year