Length: 1 hour, 41 minutes
Synopsis: CBGB follows the story of Hilly Kristal’s New York club from its origins as Country, Bluegrass and Blues (CBGB) to what it ultimately became: the birthplace of underground rock ‘n roll and punk. Kristal, a fan of Country and Bluegrass dreamed of having a club in the lower Eastside that catered to that kind of music, when he had difficulty booking those bands he turned to other kinds of rock music. Hilly had one demand of the acts he booked, they could only play their own original music. No top 40’s, no covers. It was the credo he lived by, support the artist at whatever the cost.
- Skeletal remains of two people found in Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- Tinashe hosts her ‘Aquarius’ album release party at Tao
- Tyler Posey celebrates his 23rd birthday at Hakkasan in MGM Grand
- One dead, one injured in ATV crash
- L.A. Clippers party at Tao; Bruno Mars, J.Lo and Matt Damon at Marquee