The Metropolitan Opera: The Nose
Length: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Synopsis: NCM Fathom Events brings the eighth season of the Metropolitan Opera’s Peabody and Emmy Award-winning series The Met: Live in HD to select cinemas nationwide. The broadcast of Shostakovich’s The Nose will be presented live on Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM ET / 9:55 AM PT. William Kentridge stormed the Met with his inventive production of Shostakovich’s opera, which dazzled opera and art lovers alike in its inaugural run in 2010. Now Paulo Szot reprises his acclaimed performance of a bureaucrat, whose satirical misadventures in search of his missing nose are based on Gogol’s comic story. Pavel Smelkov conducts.
- Next up for Britney Spears — a home in Las Vegas during her two-year residency?
- Tony Hsieh to open skating rink behind Gold Spike downtown
- Kindergarten teacher gave 16-year-old STD, prosecutors say
- 911 tapes released: Newtown dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Cold front settles into valley, could bring snow by Saturday