The Metropolitan Opera: The Nose ENCORE
Length: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Synopsis: NCM Fathom Events presents an encore performance of Shostakovich’s The Nose in select cinemas on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 6:30 PM in all time zones. William Kentridge stormed the Met with his inventive production of Shostakovich’s opera, which dazzled opera and art lovers alike in its inaugural run in 2010. Now Paulo Szot reprises his acclaimed performance of a bureaucrat, whose satirical misadventures in search of his missing nose are based on Gogol’s comic story. Pavel Smelkov conducts.
- Firefly closes its Henderson restaurant
- MGM, Hakkasan join to build, manage luxury hotels worldwide
- ‘We push each other’: Rebels pitching their way to possibly historic season for program
- LV City Council considers horse-drawn carriages, new downtown grocery store
- Water expert Pat Mulroy to join UNLV-affiliated research centers