The Metropolitan Opera: Eugene Onegin ENCORE
Length: 4 hours, 5 minutes
Synopsis: NCM Fathom Events presents an encore performance of Tchaikovsky’s Eugene Onegin in select cinemas on Wednesday, October 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM in all time zones. Anna Netrebko and Mariusz Kwiecien star as the lovestruck Tatiana and the imperious Onegin in Tchaikovsky’s fateful romance. Deborah Warner’s new production set in the late 19th century, moves episodically from farmhouse to ballroom, with a powerful snowstorm providing the dramatic setting for the finale. Piotr Beczala is Lenski, Onegin’s friend turned rival. Russian maestro Valery Gergiev conducts.
- Chocolatier makes move to Container Park; grocery chain Sprouts up across valley
- Bellagio robber spent stolen cash on prostitutes, hotel room, police say
- Police: Man fatally shot at house party in northwest valley
- Worker killed in accident at Ocean Spray facility in Henderson
- Flooding does significant damage to homes on Mount Charleston