Short Term 12
Length: 1 hour, 36 minutes
Synopsis: The story is told through the eyes of Grace, a twenty- something supervisor at a foster-care facility for at-risk teenagers. Passionate and tough, Grace is a formidable caretaker of the kids in her charge - and in love with her long-term boyfriend and co-worker, Mason.But Grace’s own difficult past - and the surprising future that suddenly presents itself - throw her into unforeseen confusion, made all the sharper with the arrival of a new intake at the facility - Jayden, a gifted but troubled teenage girl with whom Grace has a charged connection.She and Mason also struggle to help Marcus - an intense, quiet kid who is about to turn 18 - manage through the difficulty of having to leave the facility.Grace comes to find - in both her work and the new teenager in her care - surprising sources of redemption. And while the subject matter is complex and often dark, this lovingly realized film finds truth - and humor - in unexpected places.
- 2013 NYE fireworks on the Strip to include music by Pitbull, Rihanna, Poison and Sinatra
- Dotty’s owner gets gaming license for revamped Hacienda casino
- DA: No charges in beating death at South Point
- Photos: Inside Britney Spears’ new theater Axis at Planet Hollywood, plus, ‘Piece of Me’ show secrets
- Target: 40 million card accounts may have been breached