Short Term 12
Length: 1 hour, 36 minutes
Synopsis: The story is told through the eyes of Grace, a twenty- something supervisor at a foster-care facility for at-risk teenagers. Passionate and tough, Grace is a formidable caretaker of the kids in her charge - and in love with her long-term boyfriend and co-worker, Mason.But Grace’s own difficult past - and the surprising future that suddenly presents itself - throw her into unforeseen confusion, made all the sharper with the arrival of a new intake at the facility - Jayden, a gifted but troubled teenage girl with whom Grace has a charged connection.She and Mason also struggle to help Marcus - an intense, quiet kid who is about to turn 18 - manage through the difficulty of having to leave the facility.Grace comes to find - in both her work and the new teenager in her care - surprising sources of redemption. And while the subject matter is complex and often dark, this lovingly realized film finds truth - and humor - in unexpected places.
- Las Vegas could be the new home of an NHL team
- Las Vegas man accused of random hammer attacks on people, vehicles
- PBR World Finals Round 3: Reigning world champion J.B. Mauney wins third night
- Week 8 NFL picks and game of the week for the Sun’s handicapping contest
- Centennial hums into long-awaited Arbor View game