Armida Met Summer Encore
Length: 3 hours, 5 minutes
Synopsis: This mythical story of a sorceress who enthralls men in her island prison has inspired operatic settings by a multitude of composers, including Gluck, Haydn, and Dvo?ák. Renée Fleming stars in the title role of Rossini’s version, opposite no fewer than five tenors. Director Mary Zimmerman describes the work as “a buried treasure, a box of jewels.” Armida is a fanciful and magical tale with “an epic, enchanted quality and a tremendous visual element.” Riccardo Frizza conducts.
- With a swipe of the smartphone, loyalty punch cards becoming obsolete
- $66 million expansion planned for Mandalay Bay convention center
- Rancher wonders aloud if blacks better off as slaves
- New Jersey finds ‘poker tourism’ increasing for online games
- What happened to Harry Reid’s hand-picked candidate for governor?