Armida Met Summer Encore
Length: 3 hours, 5 minutes
Synopsis: This mythical story of a sorceress who enthralls men in her island prison has inspired operatic settings by a multitude of composers, including Gluck, Haydn, and Dvo?ák. Renée Fleming stars in the title role of Rossini’s version, opposite no fewer than five tenors. Director Mary Zimmerman describes the work as “a buried treasure, a box of jewels.” Armida is a fanciful and magical tale with “an epic, enchanted quality and a tremendous visual element.” Riccardo Frizza conducts.
- Preferring Southern Nevada’s workforce over Arizona’s, tent maker plants stakes in Henderson
- Metro says there’s more to story of bar confrontation caught on video
- ‘I don’t stick it in their face’: What it’s like to beg in Las Vegas
- Preseason all-city: Palo Verde senior, a dying breed in prep sports, highlights Sun’s team
- Calif. police sergeant accused of soliciting undercover LV cop