Armida Met Summer Encore
Length: 3 hours, 5 minutes
Synopsis: This mythical story of a sorceress who enthralls men in her island prison has inspired operatic settings by a multitude of composers, including Gluck, Haydn, and Dvo?ák. Renée Fleming stars in the title role of Rossini’s version, opposite no fewer than five tenors. Director Mary Zimmerman describes the work as “a buried treasure, a box of jewels.” Armida is a fanciful and magical tale with “an epic, enchanted quality and a tremendous visual element.” Riccardo Frizza conducts.
- Porn Wars: Is Las Vegas the new Silicone Valley?
- Company gets $70 million grant for biofuels plant east of Reno
- Street racer suffers serious injuries in crash, Metro Police say
- Motley Crue frontman hoping to pack the arena again — for football
- Rebels trying not to panic in the wake of ugly 1-3 start to season