Armida Met Summer Encore
Length: 3 hours, 5 minutes
Synopsis: This mythical story of a sorceress who enthralls men in her island prison has inspired operatic settings by a multitude of composers, including Gluck, Haydn, and Dvo?ák. Renée Fleming stars in the title role of Rossini’s version, opposite no fewer than five tenors. Director Mary Zimmerman describes the work as “a buried treasure, a box of jewels.” Armida is a fanciful and magical tale with “an epic, enchanted quality and a tremendous visual element.” Riccardo Frizza conducts.
- Report: Poor personal finances hurt economic future of many Nevadans
- White Castle reopens after closing to restock amid huge crowds
- 4 buddies did unheard of in ‘World Series’ of NFL betting
- 2015 AVN/AEE Q+A: Kayden Kross, new president of Arrangement Finders
- Las Vegas Sands has tough 4th quarter in China, but profits still up