Armida Met Summer Encore
Length: 3 hours, 5 minutes
Synopsis: This mythical story of a sorceress who enthralls men in her island prison has inspired operatic settings by a multitude of composers, including Gluck, Haydn, and Dvo?ák. Renée Fleming stars in the title role of Rossini’s version, opposite no fewer than five tenors. Director Mary Zimmerman describes the work as “a buried treasure, a box of jewels.” Armida is a fanciful and magical tale with “an epic, enchanted quality and a tremendous visual element.” Riccardo Frizza conducts.
- Crash into signal control box and light pole injures 2 in car and pedestrian
- Vegas Play of the Day: Memphis Grizzlies at Oklahoma City Thunder
- Harper pulled for not hustling; Nats fall to Cards
- Durango’s Gaynor Jr. commits to San Jose State basketball
- Northern Nevada youth coach pleads no contest to battery charge