Armida Met Summer Encore
Length: 3 hours, 5 minutes
Synopsis: This mythical story of a sorceress who enthralls men in her island prison has inspired operatic settings by a multitude of composers, including Gluck, Haydn, and Dvo?ák. Renée Fleming stars in the title role of Rossini’s version, opposite no fewer than five tenors. Director Mary Zimmerman describes the work as “a buried treasure, a box of jewels.” Armida is a fanciful and magical tale with “an epic, enchanted quality and a tremendous visual element.” Riccardo Frizza conducts.
- Will Wrangler National Finals Rodeo up and get all Miss America on us?
- Britney Spears is back in Las Vegas to begin stage rehearsals for ‘Piece of Me’
- With its third anniversary approaching, Cosmo evolves its nightlife program
- 2013 Wrangler NFR photos: Ah-nuld attends Round 5; 2014 Miss Rodeo America is crowned
- Sexual harassment? Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand