EXHIBITION: Vermeer and Music: The Art of Love and Leisure
Length: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Synopsis: The National Gallery, London, is offering a major exhibition on one of the most startling and fascinating artists of all-time, Johannes Vermeer. Vermeer is most popularly known as the painter of the Girl with a Pearl Earring. Vermeer painted little more than 30 works that still exist, and the National Gallery has chosen to focus on his art in relation to music. The event goes beyond the exhibition to tell the entire story of Vermeer’s life and, in doing so, shows in detail many other of the artist’s great works. The program will suit the wide audience who adore Vermeer’s work and who want both to see it in detail and to learn more about this mysterious, fascinating man.
- Shania Twain says she’s ready to extend her residency at Caesars
- Photos: NASCAR renews for three years of Champion’s Week in Las Vegas; a second race at LVMS?
- Temperatures plunge into the 20s; snow in forecast
- Caesars: Online gambling might hurt casinos in Nevada, NJ
- Las Vegas man faces life sentence for sex trafficking