EXHIBITION: Vermeer and Music: The Art of Love and Leisure
Length: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Synopsis: The National Gallery, London, is offering a major exhibition on one of the most startling and fascinating artists of all-time, Johannes Vermeer. Vermeer is most popularly known as the painter of the Girl with a Pearl Earring. Vermeer painted little more than 30 works that still exist, and the National Gallery has chosen to focus on his art in relation to music. The event goes beyond the exhibition to tell the entire story of Vermeer’s life and, in doing so, shows in detail many other of the artist’s great works. The program will suit the wide audience who adore Vermeer’s work and who want both to see it in detail and to learn more about this mysterious, fascinating man.
- 6 places in the United States where Las Vegas casino companies want to expand
- State high court ruling favors HOAs over banks on home seizures
- Questions arise after driver freed in Stratosphere crash commits suicide
- Iggy Azalea, One Direction, Ariana Grande, Coldplay, Calvin Harris lead iHeart lineup
- Mayweather called before athletic commission