Length: 1 hour, 51 minutes
Synopsis: Spring, 1958: 21-year-old Rose Pamphyle lives with her grouchy widower father who runs the village store. Engaged to the son of the local mechanic, she seems destined for the quiet, drudgery-filled life of a housewife. But that’s not the life Rose longs for. When she travels to Lisieux in Normandy, where charismatic insurance agency boss Louis Echard is advertising for a secretary, the ensuing interview is a disaster. But Rose reveals a special gift - she can type at extraordinary speed. Unwittingly, the young woman awakens the dormant sports fan in Louis. If she wants the job she’ll have to compete in a speed typing competition. Whatever sacrifices Rose must make to reach the top, Louis declares himself her trainer. He’ll turn her into the fastest girl not only in the country, but in the world! But a love of sport doesn’t always mix well with love itself.
- How popular has soccer become in the U.S.? Check out Nevada’s betting revenue
- Michael Godard: Las Vegas pop artist witnesses McCarran’s midnight circus
- Boyd Gaming sees slight dip in quarterly revenue
- Louis Prima Jr.: ‘This has been a difficult 12 months personally and professionally’
- 2 survive shooting near busy Las Vegas intersection