Length: 1 hour, 51 minutes
Synopsis: Spring, 1958: 21-year-old Rose Pamphyle lives with her grouchy widower father who runs the village store. Engaged to the son of the local mechanic, she seems destined for the quiet, drudgery-filled life of a housewife. But that’s not the life Rose longs for. When she travels to Lisieux in Normandy, where charismatic insurance agency boss Louis Echard is advertising for a secretary, the ensuing interview is a disaster. But Rose reveals a special gift - she can type at extraordinary speed. Unwittingly, the young woman awakens the dormant sports fan in Louis. If she wants the job she’ll have to compete in a speed typing competition. Whatever sacrifices Rose must make to reach the top, Louis declares himself her trainer. He’ll turn her into the fastest girl not only in the country, but in the world! But a love of sport doesn’t always mix well with love itself.
- Bank of America reaches $300 million settlement over Fontainebleau
- House flipping in Las Vegas has scaled back but continues to be lucrative
- Defense in slaying of neighborhood mom wants gunshot residue test
- Allegiant’s fares remain low while its stock price soars
- Slot company mergers: Why they happened, and how they’ll affect Las Vegas