Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- Mayweather-Maidana rematch leads to another fan stampede at MGM Grand
- Beating Manny Pacquiao is all that’s left for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Playboy Playmate Jessica Burciaga hosts at Crazy Horse III Gentlemen’s Club
- Movement stalled on development in Symphony Park
- Rebels’ comeback comes up short in 48-34 loss to Northern Illinois