Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- Las Vegas man arrested at Pa. casino has gambling-cheat record
- Metro releases photo of person of interest in mall shooting
- Brody Jenner, with girlfriend Kaitlynn Carter, debuts as DJ at Hyde Bellagio
- Man arrested in string of Las Vegas sexual assaults
- ‘Mamma Mia!’ star Joe Moeller: 10 Things That Make a New Yorker Feel at Home in Las Vegas