Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- Sales of Henderson mountainside mansion lots underway at Ascaya
- SLS signals better times for Las Vegas Strip, broker says
- Just in time: SLS Las Vegas gets gaming license
- With CCSD still short 650 teachers, here’s how one school is coping
- AIDS advocate: ‘We are beginning to lose control of the epidemic’