Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- Las Vegas could be the new home of an NHL team
- PBR World Finals Round 3: Reigning world champion J.B. Mauney wins third night
- Las Vegas man accused of random hammer attacks on people, vehicles
- Week 8 NFL picks and game of the week for the Sun’s handicapping contest
- Faith Lutheran claims Sunset’s top seed against Spring Valley