Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- Man found in North Las Vegas drainage ditch identified as Henderson resident
- Miss Colombia wins Miss Universe; USA runner-up
- White Castle makes Las Vegas debut; restaurants open at Lou Ruvo Center, Linq, Aria
- Moapa resident killed after being ejected from car in rollover accident
- One dead after car vs. bike accident