Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- Pizzeria opens at Downtown Summerlin; 24-hour café debuts at Westgate
- Killer of 2 NYC officers had long criminal history, told passers-by to watch
- Police: Officer shoots man armed with butcher knives
- Man who died in Saturday wreck identified
- Driver, motocyclist killed in central valley accident identified