The Royal Ballet's "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"
Length: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Synopsis: Those familiar with Lewis Carroll’s literary menagerie of colorful characters will enjoy the clarity with which Christopher Wheeldon portrays them in dance. The whole Company is drawn into the fun, dancing a myriad of quirky characters: a twitchy White Rabbit, a tap dancing Mad Hatter, a sinuous caterpillar and so many more. Alice and the Knave of Hearts, deftly danced by two Royal Ballet Principal dancers, are at the centre of the story, and the role of The Queen of Hearts, another Principal, is wittily captured with hilarious results. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is a brilliantly imagined show and, with a magical score, ingeniously inventive designs and a wealth of theatrical effects, has something for everyone to treasure.
- Valley barbecue best Top Notch shuts its doors
- Week 16 NFL picks against the spread for the Sun’s handicapping contest
- Junior college recruit impressed with UNLV’s style in Wednesday’s win
- Sen. Harry Reid diagnosed with exhaustion, released from hospital
- Party Patrol photos: Panic! At the Disco, Krewella, more at Light; Las Vegas Weekly soiree at Tropicana