Length: 1 hour, 14 minutes
Synopsis: Acclaimed photographer James Balog was once a skeptic about climate change. But through his Extreme Ice Survey, he discovers undeniable evidence of our changing planet. In Chasing Ice, Balog deploys revolutionary time-lapse cameras to capture a multi-year record of the world’s changing glaciers. His hauntingly beautiful videos compress years into seconds and capture ancient mountains of ice in motion as they disappear at a breathtaking rate.
- Short supply of beef and pork is creating largest price increase in years
- School district’s challenge: Fill 800 teaching positions in three weeks
- Atlantic City home owned by Donald Trump holdout is auctioned for $530,000
- US stocks plunge, wiping out July’s gains
- Private companies hope to use public bus stops for shuttle services