Length: 1 hour, 46 minutes
Synopsis: Steve Butler, an ace corporate salesman, is sent along with his partner, Sue Thomason, to close a key rural town in his company’s expansion plans. With the town having been hit hard by the economic decline of recent years, the two outsiders see the local citizens as likely to accept their company’s offer, for drilling rights to their properties, as much-needed relief. What seems like an easy job for the duo becomes complicated by the objection of a respected schoolteacher with support from a grassroots campaign led by another man, as well as the interest of a local woman. The film explores America at the crossroads where big business and the strength of small-town community converge.
- Preview: Soft opening of Holly Madison’s 1923 Bourbon & Burlesque sizzles
- Police attach explosives to rental car to train dogs, car drives away
- Robin Leach, Eric Roberts trade partners on ‘Celebrity Wife Swap’
- Police arrest man in string of residential burglaries
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 employees who didn’t pay taxes