Length: 1 hour, 41 minutes
Synopsis: This movie tells the stories of five members of the chess team at a below-the-poverty-line inner city junior high school that has won more national championships than any other in the country. The film follows the challenges these kids face in their personal lives as well as on the chessboard, and is as much about the sting of their losses as it is about the anticipation of their victories. Ironically, the biggest obstacle thrust upon them arises not from other competitors but from recessionary budget cuts to all the extracurricular activities at their school. The kids’ dedication to chess magnifies their belief in what is possible for their lives. After all, if they can master the world’s most difficult game, what can’t they do?
- Former MGM executive named next CEO at Cosmopolitan
- Vince Neil and his Las Vegas Outlaws vs. KISS’ L.A. Kiss
- Las Vegas breaks own record with 40 million visitors
- Andrea Bocelli to perform at Power of Love Gala for Keep Memory Alive
- Regulators again reject Moapa solar plant; Reid Gardner still set to close this month