Length: 1 hour, 41 minutes
Synopsis: This movie tells the stories of five members of the chess team at a below-the-poverty-line inner city junior high school that has won more national championships than any other in the country. The film follows the challenges these kids face in their personal lives as well as on the chessboard, and is as much about the sting of their losses as it is about the anticipation of their victories. Ironically, the biggest obstacle thrust upon them arises not from other competitors but from recessionary budget cuts to all the extracurricular activities at their school. The kids’ dedication to chess magnifies their belief in what is possible for their lives. After all, if they can master the world’s most difficult game, what can’t they do?
- Eric Church, Childish Gambino added to lineup alongside Bruno Mars at the new Chelsea
- Lady Gaga, Linkin Park, Bastille and more announce Las Vegas shows
- Joe Downtown: Businesses bringing unique items to downtown
- Man gets prison for leaving crash that killed Metro volunteer
- Garth Brooks announces world tour with wife Trisha Yearwood in 2014