A Late Quartet
Length: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Synopsis: The film tells the story of a beloved cellist of a world-renowned string quartet who receives a life changing diagnosis, the group’s future suddenly hangs in the balance: suppressed emotions, competing egos, and uncontrollable passions threaten to derail years of friendship and collaboration. As they are about to play their 25th anniversary concert, quite possibly their last, only their intimate bond and the power of music can preserve their legacy. Inspired by and structured around Beethoven’s Opus 131 String Quartet in C-sharp minor, the film pays homage to chamber music and the cultural world of New York.
- Joe Downtown: Tony Hsieh leads Ashton Kutcher on downtown tour
- Photos: Criss Angel’s buried alive in cement stunt at The Mirage is shut down
- Men arrested in death of teen during iPad robbery held without bail
- Donald Trump wins court battle with an 87-year-old grandmother
- Las Vegas gas prices likely headed up, if Nevada passes fuel-tax bill