A Late Quartet
Length: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Synopsis: The film tells the story of a beloved cellist of a world-renowned string quartet who receives a life changing diagnosis, the group’s future suddenly hangs in the balance: suppressed emotions, competing egos, and uncontrollable passions threaten to derail years of friendship and collaboration. As they are about to play their 25th anniversary concert, quite possibly their last, only their intimate bond and the power of music can preserve their legacy. Inspired by and structured around Beethoven’s Opus 131 String Quartet in C-sharp minor, the film pays homage to chamber music and the cultural world of New York.
- Wynn says gambling not key to casinos’ success — it’s everything else
- HOA foreclosure ruling ‘a win for Nevada,’ Las Vegas investor says
- Tony Hsieh issues statement on layoffs, outlines five-year plan for Downtown Project
- Monica Fung is crowned 2014 Miss Asian Las Vegas
- Community ponders potential ripple effect of Downtown Project shake-up