The Metropolitan Opera: Rigoletto Encore
Length: 3 hours, 35 minutes
Synopsis: Director Michael Mayer has placed his new production of Verdi’s towering tragedy in Las Vegas in 1960. Piotr Beczala is the womanizing Duke of Mantua, with Zejko Lucic is his tragic sidekick, Rigoletto, and Diana Damrau is Rigoletto’s daughte, Gilda — their victim. Michele Mariotti conducts.
- ‘Bloodletting’ at Downtown Project with massive layoffs
- An open letter to Tony Hsieh from former DTPer David Gould
- 2 Las Vegas Valley schools named among best in the country
- Poker player accused of violating commodities trading ban
- Wynn says gambling not key to casinos’ success — it’s everything else