The Metropolitan Opera: Rigoletto Encore
Length: 3 hours, 35 minutes
Synopsis: Director Michael Mayer has placed his new production of Verdi’s towering tragedy in Las Vegas in 1960. Piotr Beczala is the womanizing Duke of Mantua, with Zejko Lucic is his tragic sidekick, Rigoletto, and Diana Damrau is Rigoletto’s daughte, Gilda — their victim. Michele Mariotti conducts.
- Harmon tower set to fall — with a whimper
- Former Durango basketball star not quitting in fight for donated kidney
- Las Vegas students reach national level in math and science competition
- Sudden movement raises alarm in Wyoming slide area
- Crash into signal control box and light pole injures 2 in car and pedestrian