The Metropolitan Opera: Rigoletto Encore
Length: 3 hours, 35 minutes
Synopsis: Director Michael Mayer has placed his new production of Verdi’s towering tragedy in Las Vegas in 1960. Piotr Beczala is the womanizing Duke of Mantua, with Zejko Lucic is his tragic sidekick, Rigoletto, and Diana Damrau is Rigoletto’s daughte, Gilda — their victim. Michele Mariotti conducts.
- 200 applications filed for medical pot businesses
- Police attach explosives to rental car to train dogs, car drives away
- Preview: Soft opening of Holly Madison’s 1923 Bourbon & Burlesque sizzles
- Robin Leach, Eric Roberts trade partners on tonight’s ‘Celebrity Wife Swap’
- Police arrest man in string of residential burglaries