The Metropolitan Opera: Otello Encore
Length: 3 hours, 30 minutes
Synopsis: Verdi’s Shakespearean masterpiece returns to the Met with two exciting casts. Johan Botha sings the title role opposite the acclaimed Desdemona of star soprano Renée Fleming, with Falk Struckmann as Iago and Semyon Bychkov conducting. Later in the season, José Cura, Krassimira Stoyanova, and Thomas Hampson take on the principal roles, with Alain Altinoglu on the podium.
- Cardsharp’s arrest in Pennsylvania is victory for Nevada gaming board
- Suspect shot after 1 killed, 2 wounded in home invasions
- Wynn Resorts 2nd-quarter profit rises on Las Vegas strength
- Arbor View junior lineman draws recruiting attention, grabs first offer
- ‘Keurig machine for beer’ gets outpouring of interest