The Metropolitan Opera: Otello Encore
Length: 3 hours, 30 minutes
Synopsis: Verdi’s Shakespearean masterpiece returns to the Met with two exciting casts. Johan Botha sings the title role opposite the acclaimed Desdemona of star soprano Renée Fleming, with Falk Struckmann as Iago and Semyon Bychkov conducting. Later in the season, José Cura, Krassimira Stoyanova, and Thomas Hampson take on the principal roles, with Alain Altinoglu on the podium.
- Sorting out Caesars: How the Las Vegas company slid into distress, and what’s next
- World Food Championships winner Ricardo Heredia is a rising star
- How Obama’s plan could affect Nevada families
- Bright lights, big city and bigger opponent await UNLV in NYC
- Jose Canseco admits story about finger falling off was a hoax