The Metropolitan Opera: Maria Stuarda ENCORE
Length: 3 hours, 20 minutes
Synopsis: Fresh from her triumph in the Met’s The Enchanted Island, mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato, one of the world’s most exciting singers, takes on the virtuosic bel canto role of the doomed Mary, Queen of Scots. Having scored a major success with his production of Anna Bolena, director David McVicar now turns to the second opera of Donizetti’s Tudor trilogy, which explores regal characters at fateful moments of their lives. Elza van den Heever sings Elizabeth I, and Maurizio Benini conducts.
- Doughnut Rambo: Cambodia refugee finds success, friendship in Las Vegas
- Gunman opens fire at downtown Las Vegas bus terminal
- Demolition of flawed tower at CityCenter delayed again
- Strip Scribbles: Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry to attend Britney Spears’ show opening night?
- Encore and MGM Grand named among world’s top hotels