The Metropolitan Opera: Maria Stuarda ENCORE
Length: 3 hours, 20 minutes
Synopsis: Fresh from her triumph in the Met’s The Enchanted Island, mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato, one of the world’s most exciting singers, takes on the virtuosic bel canto role of the doomed Mary, Queen of Scots. Having scored a major success with his production of Anna Bolena, director David McVicar now turns to the second opera of Donizetti’s Tudor trilogy, which explores regal characters at fateful moments of their lives. Elza van den Heever sings Elizabeth I, and Maurizio Benini conducts.
- Nevada gaming revenue slumps for third consecutive month
- Interactive: Where voter turnout was highest (and lowest) in Clark County
- Gorman basketball will have an edge on the inside, opens season Saturday
- Metro investigating strangling death of woman found near Lake Mead
- From racism controversy to court: Hansen faces animal-trapping charge