The Metropolitan Opera: Maria Stuarda ENCORE
Length: 3 hours, 20 minutes
Synopsis: Fresh from her triumph in the Met’s The Enchanted Island, mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato, one of the world’s most exciting singers, takes on the virtuosic bel canto role of the doomed Mary, Queen of Scots. Having scored a major success with his production of Anna Bolena, director David McVicar now turns to the second opera of Donizetti’s Tudor trilogy, which explores regal characters at fateful moments of their lives. Elza van den Heever sings Elizabeth I, and Maurizio Benini conducts.
- Chocolatier makes move to Container Park; grocery chain Sprouts up across valley
- Thunderstorm brings heavy rain, lots of lightning to the valley
- Comic-Con’s dark side: Harassment amid the fantasy
- Boyz II Men’s Shawn Stockman: Our job is to test the limits of how bright our spirits can shine
- Severe thunderstorm, flash flood warnings issued for the valley