The Metropolitan Opera: Maria Stuarda ENCORE
Length: 3 hours, 20 minutes
Synopsis: Fresh from her triumph in the Met’s The Enchanted Island, mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato, one of the world’s most exciting singers, takes on the virtuosic bel canto role of the doomed Mary, Queen of Scots. Having scored a major success with his production of Anna Bolena, director David McVicar now turns to the second opera of Donizetti’s Tudor trilogy, which explores regal characters at fateful moments of their lives. Elza van den Heever sings Elizabeth I, and Maurizio Benini conducts.
- With its small casino floor, is SLS offering a look at the future of Las Vegas?
- SLS Las Vegas preview: Dancers in birdcages; 30-foot Cleopatra; peekaboo glass showers
- A record 151 businesses are participating in Las Vegas Restaurant Week
- Law firm slams leak of Laxalt’s ‘train wreck’ documents
- GPS devices find huge water loss in western U.S.