The Metropolitan Opera: Maria Stuarda ENCORE
Length: 3 hours, 20 minutes
Synopsis: Fresh from her triumph in the Met’s The Enchanted Island, mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato, one of the world’s most exciting singers, takes on the virtuosic bel canto role of the doomed Mary, Queen of Scots. Having scored a major success with his production of Anna Bolena, director David McVicar now turns to the second opera of Donizetti’s Tudor trilogy, which explores regal characters at fateful moments of their lives. Elza van den Heever sings Elizabeth I, and Maurizio Benini conducts.
- Las Vegas could be the new home of an NHL team
- PBR World Finals Round 3: Reigning world champion J.B. Mauney wins third night
- Las Vegas man accused of random hammer attacks on people, vehicles
- Week 8 NFL picks and game of the week for the Sun’s handicapping contest
- Q+A: DJ Helena leads the party tonight at Drai’s Nightclub