The Metropolitan Opera: Maria Stuarda ENCORE
Length: 3 hours, 20 minutes
Synopsis: Fresh from her triumph in the Met’s The Enchanted Island, mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato, one of the world’s most exciting singers, takes on the virtuosic bel canto role of the doomed Mary, Queen of Scots. Having scored a major success with his production of Anna Bolena, director David McVicar now turns to the second opera of Donizetti’s Tudor trilogy, which explores regal characters at fateful moments of their lives. Elza van den Heever sings Elizabeth I, and Maurizio Benini conducts.
- Joe Downtown: Just opened, O Face doughnuts already packing them in
- Strip Scribbles: Floyd Mayweather Jr.; new club at Mandalay Bay; Mark O’Meara; ‘Ink Master’
- 30-year-old charged with trafficking underage girl
- ‘Area 52: The Actual Footage’ to film on location in Las Vegas
- Unable to buy playoff tickets, Las Vegan sues NFL, Seahawks