The Metropolitan Opera: Maria Stuarda ENCORE
Length: 3 hours, 20 minutes
Synopsis: Fresh from her triumph in the Met’s The Enchanted Island, mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato, one of the world’s most exciting singers, takes on the virtuosic bel canto role of the doomed Mary, Queen of Scots. Having scored a major success with his production of Anna Bolena, director David McVicar now turns to the second opera of Donizetti’s Tudor trilogy, which explores regal characters at fateful moments of their lives. Elza van den Heever sings Elizabeth I, and Maurizio Benini conducts.
- On list of highest-paid executives in Vegas, gaming industry reclaims top spot
- Nellis commander worries base’s muted noises are here to stay
- If NV Energy made too much money last year, should you get a refund?
- Intrusion into our lives is too much
- Indiana woman sentenced to death at 16 released from prison