The Metropolitan Opera: Maria Stuarda ENCORE
Length: 3 hours, 20 minutes
Synopsis: Fresh from her triumph in the Met’s The Enchanted Island, mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato, one of the world’s most exciting singers, takes on the virtuosic bel canto role of the doomed Mary, Queen of Scots. Having scored a major success with his production of Anna Bolena, director David McVicar now turns to the second opera of Donizetti’s Tudor trilogy, which explores regal characters at fateful moments of their lives. Elza van den Heever sings Elizabeth I, and Maurizio Benini conducts.
- Gaming regulators OK $1.73 billion sale of Cosmopolitan
- SLS visionary Sam Nazarian gets limited gaming license
- NYE in Las Vegas: 80,000 fireworks, music of Whitney, One Republic, Pitbull
- Vegas pick ’em: NFL week 16 winners against the spread
- Executive VP Alan Feldman: ‘Las Vegas is the least hypocritical place in the universe’