The Metropolitan Opera: Francesca da Rimini Encore
Length: 4 hours
Synopsis: Zandonai’s compelling opera, inspired by an episode from Dante’s Inferno, returns in the Met’s ravishingly beautiful production, last seen in 1986. Dramatic soprano Eva-Maria Westbroek and tenor Marcello Giordani are the doomed lovers. Marco Armiliato conducts.
- Citing ‘communistic mentality,’ son of Cliven Bundy withdraws children from county school
- College football by the odds: Vegas picks and preview of week 1 on the gridiron
- Military plane makes emergency landing at McCarran
- Utah university removes Harry Reid’s name from center
- Man is guilty of murder after his dogs kill woman