The Metropolitan Opera: Francesca da Rimini Encore
Length: 4 hours
Synopsis: Zandonai’s compelling opera, inspired by an episode from Dante’s Inferno, returns in the Met’s ravishingly beautiful production, last seen in 1986. Dramatic soprano Eva-Maria Westbroek and tenor Marcello Giordani are the doomed lovers. Marco Armiliato conducts.
- Bank of America reaches $300 million settlement over Fontainebleau
- House flipping in Las Vegas has scaled back but continues to be lucrative
- Defense in slaying of neighborhood mom wants gunshot residue test
- Allegiant’s fares remain low while its stock price soars
- Slot company mergers: Why they happened, and how they’ll affect Las Vegas