The Metropolitan Opera: Un Ballo in Maschera
Length: 4 hours
Synopsis: Accompanied by a thrilling score, Verdi’s vivid characters grapple with life and love, betrayal and death. Director David Alden’s dreamlike setting provides a compelling backdrop for this dramatic story of jealousy and vengeance. Marcelo Álvarez stars as the conflicted king; Sondra Radvanovsky is Amelia, the object of his secret passion; and Dmitri Hvorostovsky is her suspicious husband. Kathleen Kim is the page Oscar, and mezzosoprano powerhouses Dolora Zajick and Stephanie Blythe take turns singing the fortuneteller Ulrica. Fabio Luisi conducts.
- Rebels finally on the right side of game-ending plays in win against Utah State
- Findlay Prep holds off Gorman with blocked shot at the buzzer
- Anthony Johnson gets Jon Jones next after knocking out Alexander Gustafsson
- Vegas Play of the Day: Oklahoma City Thunder at Cleveland Cavaliers
- By the books, Super Bowl is anyone’s game