The Metropolitan Opera: Rigoletto
Length: 3 hours, 35 minutes
Synopsis: Director Michael Mayer has placed his new production of Verdi’s towering tragedy in Las Vegas in 1960 —ideal setting for this eternal conflict of depravity and innocence. In this production, inspired by the antics of the Rat Pack, Piotr Beczala is the womanizing Duke of Mantua, with Zejko Lucic as his tragic sidekick, Rigoletto. Diana Damrau is Rigoletto’s daughter — their victim. Michele Mariotti conducts.
- Picking the props: 10 winning wagers to make on the Super Bowl
- Photos: ‘Frank: The Man, The Music,’ Yardbird celebrate at Venetian-Palazzo
- White Castle reopens after closing to restock amid huge crowds
- Judge says Caesars bankruptcy case will proceed in Illinois
- 4 buddies did unheard of in ‘World Series’ of NFL betting