The Metropolitan Opera: Rigoletto
Length: 3 hours, 35 minutes
Synopsis: Director Michael Mayer has placed his new production of Verdi’s towering tragedy in Las Vegas in 1960 —ideal setting for this eternal conflict of depravity and innocence. In this production, inspired by the antics of the Rat Pack, Piotr Beczala is the womanizing Duke of Mantua, with Zejko Lucic as his tragic sidekick, Rigoletto. Diana Damrau is Rigoletto’s daughter — their victim. Michele Mariotti conducts.
- Higher dues for homeowners at stake in HOA legislation
- Gay adoptive parents live as a ‘normal family’ in Las Vegas but yearn for right to marry
- Boyd casinos drop the green flag on new NASCAR slot machine
- Men arrested in death of teen during iPad robbery held without bail
- Joe Downtown: Tony Hsieh leads Ashton Kutcher on downtown tour