The Metropolitan Opera: Francesca da Rimini
Length: 4 hours
Synopsis: NCM Fathom brings the seventh season of the Metropolitan Opera’s Peabody and Emmy Award-winning series The Met: Live in HD in movie theaters nationwide. The broadcast of Zandonai’s Francesca da Rimini will be presented live for only one day on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 12 PM ET / 9 AM PT in select movie theaters. Zandonai’s compelling opera, inspired by an episode from Dante’s Inferno, returns in the Met’s ravishingly beautiful production, last seen in 1986. Dramatic soprano Eva-Maria Westbroek and tenor Marcello Giordani are the doomed lovers. Marco Armiliato conducts.
- New-home sales in Las Vegas slide in first half of 2014
- Suspect shot after 1 killed, 2 wounded in home invasions
- Gorman football ranked No. 1 by USA Today, will be in hunt for national title
- Bellagio robbery suspect has a criminal history in Kansas
- SLS Las Vegas President Rob Oseland: ‘This is a place designed with locals in mind’