The Metropolitan Opera: Francesca da Rimini
Length: 4 hours
Synopsis: NCM Fathom brings the seventh season of the Metropolitan Opera’s Peabody and Emmy Award-winning series The Met: Live in HD in movie theaters nationwide. The broadcast of Zandonai’s Francesca da Rimini will be presented live for only one day on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 12 PM ET / 9 AM PT in select movie theaters. Zandonai’s compelling opera, inspired by an episode from Dante’s Inferno, returns in the Met’s ravishingly beautiful production, last seen in 1986. Dramatic soprano Eva-Maria Westbroek and tenor Marcello Giordani are the doomed lovers. Marco Armiliato conducts.
- Vince Neil and his Las Vegas Outlaws vs. KISS’ L.A. Kiss
- Andrea Bocelli to perform at Power of Love Gala for Keep Memory Alive
- Gaming regulators OK $1.73 billion sale of Cosmopolitan
- Regulators again reject Moapa solar plant; Reid Gardner still set to close this month
- Cody Doolin wills the Rebels to thrilling overtime victory ahead of key stretch of games