The Metropolitan Opera: Francesca da Rimini
Length: 4 hours
Synopsis: NCM Fathom brings the seventh season of the Metropolitan Opera’s Peabody and Emmy Award-winning series The Met: Live in HD in movie theaters nationwide. The broadcast of Zandonai’s Francesca da Rimini will be presented live for only one day on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 12 PM ET / 9 AM PT in select movie theaters. Zandonai’s compelling opera, inspired by an episode from Dante’s Inferno, returns in the Met’s ravishingly beautiful production, last seen in 1986. Dramatic soprano Eva-Maria Westbroek and tenor Marcello Giordani are the doomed lovers. Marco Armiliato conducts.
- Photos: Shania Twain leads Great Santa Run to ninth consecutive victory
- Officer-involved shooting rattles nearby neighbors, sending them packing
- Here’s why Nevada voters may go for a 2 percent business tax next year
- Celebrity/Media NFL Picks Week 14: Andrew Freeman of ‘Rock Vault’ is the contest’s lead singer
- 11 takeaways from Sen. Harry Reid’s visit to the Sun