Hyde Park on Hudson
Length: 1 hour, 34 minutes
Synopsis: In June 1939, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt and his wife, Eleanor, host the King and Queen of England for a weekend at the Roosevelt home at Hyde Park on Hudson in upstate New York in the first-ever visit of a reigning English monarch to America. With Britain facing imminent war with Germany, the Royals are desperately looking to FDR for support. But international affairs must be juggled with the complexities of FDR’s domestic establishment, as wife, mother and mistresses all conspire to make the royal weekend an unforgettable one. Seen through the eyes of Daisy, Franklin’s neighbor and intimate, the weekend will produce not only a special relationship between two great nations, but, for Daisy, a deeper understanding of the mysteries of love and friendship.
- Sprouts Farmers Market to open three new Vegas locations
- David Brenner a remarkable man for his humor, friendship, parenting and steadfast belief in justice
- Brooklyn Bowl puts new spin on live shows; Palms brings burger joint poolside
- Runnin’ on empty: No postseason trip for Rebels
- Junior guard Bryce Dejean-Jones done playing for UNLV