Hyde Park on Hudson
Length: 1 hour, 34 minutes
Synopsis: In June 1939, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt and his wife, Eleanor, host the King and Queen of England for a weekend at the Roosevelt home at Hyde Park on Hudson in upstate New York in the first-ever visit of a reigning English monarch to America. With Britain facing imminent war with Germany, the Royals are desperately looking to FDR for support. But international affairs must be juggled with the complexities of FDR’s domestic establishment, as wife, mother and mistresses all conspire to make the royal weekend an unforgettable one. Seen through the eyes of Daisy, Franklin’s neighbor and intimate, the weekend will produce not only a special relationship between two great nations, but, for Daisy, a deeper understanding of the mysteries of love and friendship.
- Confirmed! Diana Ross returns to Las Vegas with start of mini-residency
- Golden Gaming getting casino in merger with Minnesota company
- Scientific Games moving headquarters to Las Vegas after Bally merger
- Protesters to rally against high payday lending fees
- Attorneys battle over venue for Caesars bankruptcy case