The Great Gatsby
Length: 2 hours, 23 minutes
Synopsis: The film follows Fitzgerald-like, would-be writer Nick Carraway as he leaves the Midwest and comes to New York City in the spring of 1922, an era of loosening morals, glittering jazz and bootleg kings. Chasing his own American Dream, Nick lands next door to a mysterious, party-giving millionaire, Jay Gatsby, and across the bay from his cousin, Daisy, and her philandering, blue-blooded husband, Tom Buchanan. It is thus that Nick is drawn into the captivating world of the super-rich, their illusions, loves and deceits. As Nick bears witness, within and without the world he inhabits, he pens a tale of impossible love, incorruptible dreams and high-octane tragedy, and holds a mirror to our own modern times and struggles.
- Celebrity preview: Britney Spears’ ‘Piece of Me’ peek, Terry Fator, Hulk Hogan and Christmas entertainers
- Man gets 11 years in $15 million mortgage fraud scheme
- Two indicted for holding woman ransom for a Playstation
- Neighbors say Reno hospital gunman had botched vasectomy
- UNLV trounces Sacred Heart in third straight blowout victory