Carmen Met Summer Encore
Length: 3 hours
Synopsis: Richard Eyre’s hit production stars Elina Garanca as the seductive gypsy of the title, opposite Roberto Alagna as the obsessed Don José. Carmen “is about sex, violence, and racism-and its corollary: freedom,” the director says about Bizet’s drama. “It is one of the inalienably great works of art. It’s sexy, in every sense. And I think it should be shocking.” Yannick Nézet-Séguin conducts.
- 200 applications filed for medical pot businesses
- Police attach explosives to rental car to train dogs, car drives away
- Preview: Soft opening of Holly Madison’s 1923 Bourbon & Burlesque sizzles
- Police arrest man in string of residential burglaries
- Robin Leach, Eric Roberts trade partners on tonight’s ‘Celebrity Wife Swap’