Carmen Met Summer Encore
Length: 3 hours
Synopsis: Richard Eyre’s hit production stars Elina Garanca as the seductive gypsy of the title, opposite Roberto Alagna as the obsessed Don José. Carmen “is about sex, violence, and racism-and its corollary: freedom,” the director says about Bizet’s drama. “It is one of the inalienably great works of art. It’s sexy, in every sense. And I think it should be shocking.” Yannick Nézet-Séguin conducts.
- ‘Bloodletting’ at Downtown Project with massive layoffs
- 2 Las Vegas Valley schools named among best in the country
- An open letter to Tony Hsieh from former DTPer David Gould
- Poker player accused of violating commodities trading ban
- Wynn says gambling not key to casinos’ success — it’s everything else