Scottish Country Dancing - exhibition & lessons
presented by Southern Nevada Old Time Contra Dancers
Hosted by the Charleston Heights Arts Center, this evening event will be an opportunity for guests to see (and experience) this classic dance. Scottish Country Dancing is the beautiful "ballroom" dance of Scotland, a social dance with roots reaching back into the mists of history. Dancers are encouraged to wear comfortable clothes and soft shoes. Kilts are not required but are heartily encouraged.
Call 229-6383 for more information
Event is ongoing: Indefinitely
- Fridays from 6:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
Where: The Charleston Heights Arts Center, 800 S. Brush St., Las Vegas
Cost: $4 - $5
Age limit: 13+
Event posted Sept. 25, 2009
Last updated Feb. 3, 2011
- Two arrested in iPad robbery that caused death of teenager
- Photos: Tiger Woods keeps Lindsey Vonn hidden in Las Vegas amid engagement rumors
- Head-on crash on I-15 leaves 3 dead, 4 injured
- Photos: Prince, Chris Brown, Above and Beyond, Will.I.Am, Michael Strahan, Kevin Hart at Encore
- Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale
- What’s next for UNLV graduates? You might be surprised
- Some Pacific Coast League stadiums will be tough for Summerlin project to match
- Legislative showdown brewing over $2 million for Teach for America
- Focus on security, not talking points
- Nevada Medical Board, just whom do you serve?
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
LVH books a classic-rock act, and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation (1 Comment)
Horses of a different color: Crazy Horse Too-Crazy Horse III in court next week; Helldorado Days plots its future (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.