co-sponsored by the Southern Nevada Old Time Contra Dancers
Hosted at the Charleston Heights Arts Center, this is a chance to dance to the live music of an acoustic band playing joyful fiddle tunes, driving reels and a waltz or two. These lively community dancers ( all ages welcome ) recapture the spirit of New England other frontier barn dances from American history. All dances are taught and called, newcomers and families are welcome. No need to bring a partner. Wear comfortable flat-soled shoes and casual clothing.
Adults are $7, members, students and military $5 and children under 16 and non-dancing adults for $3 Pay at the door.
Call 229-6383 for details.
Event is ongoing: Indefinitely
- Saturdays from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Where: The Charleston Heights Arts Center, 800 S. Brush St., Las Vegas
Cost: $3 - $7
Age limit: All ages
Event posted July 31, 2009
Last updated Oct. 13, 2011
- Tobacco Plus Expo 2015
- Las Vegas Convention Center
- Art Square
- Falmouth Institute, Inc. - The Tribal Workplace in the Digital Age
- Embassy Suites Las Vegas Airport
- Native Nation Events, LLC - Fifth Annual Native American Human Resources Conference
- Fabergé Revealed
- The Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art
- Human Experience at The Beat
- The Beat Coffeehouse