co-sponsored by the Southern Nevada Old Time Contra Dancers
Hosted at the Charleston Heights Arts Center, this is a chance to dance to the live music of an acoustic band playing joyful fiddle tunes, driving reels and a waltz or two. These lively community dancers ( all ages welcome ) recapture the spirit of New England other frontier barn dances from American history. All dances are taught and called, newcomers and families are welcome. No need to bring a partner. Wear comfortable flat-soled shoes and casual clothing.
Adults are $7, members, students and military $5 and children under 16 and non-dancing adults for $3 Pay at the door.
Call 229-6383 for details.
Event is ongoing: Indefinitely
- Saturdays from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Where: The Charleston Heights Arts Center, 800 S. Brush St., Las Vegas
Cost: $3 - $7
Age limit: All ages
Event posted July 31, 2009
Last updated Oct. 13, 2011
- Genting planning art exhibits, dragon dancers — even before Resorts World opens
- For Tom Cunningham and most other stabbing victims, much pain, no justice
- County OKs replacing Strip eyesore with casino preview centers
- North Las Vegas set to decide on controversial mortgage-seizure plan
- Dynasty hotel-casino could open in Las Vegas by 2015
- Time to re-evaluate Homeland Security
- Olekaibe shakes off rust in surprise appearance at Desert Reign
- Watching over us: Hundreds of freeway cameras monitor Southern Nevada roadways
- Bicyclist hit by truck, killed north of Jean
- Post-session, interim work keeps Nevada legislators busy, paid
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.