Youth Group Mentorship Program at Doolittle Community Center
The city of Las Vegas Department of Leisure Services invites youth ages 13 through 19 to participate in a free weekly mentorship program that begins Thursday, Oct. 2, at Doolittle Community Center. The Jasamesinc group mentorship program will seek to develop skills and attitudes that enable participants to overcome adversity and seek out their dreams and goals. The first meeting will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. at the center, located at 1950 N. J St., near the corner of Lake Mead Boulevard. Registration will be open through Oct. 2, or until full. Space is limited. For more information or to register, call (702) 229-6374.
Event is ongoing: Indefinitely
- Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m.
Where: Doolittle Community Center, 1950 N. J St., Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
- City of Las Vegas (Sept. 23, 2008)
Event posted Sept. 23, 2008
Last updated Oct. 18, 2010
- Legislator pitches cocktail, an acquired taste, as official state drink
- Hits keep coming for Obama team
- Bills live and die on deadline day in Carson City
- Las Vegas is fine just the way it is
- Back in business: Raising a glass to an Atomic history
- From music to TV to the Strip: UNLV’s famous grads
- Oddsmakers like Orb’s Triple Crown chances; Vegas picks for the Preakness
- Scarlet and Gray to observe golden anniversary commencement Sunday
- Panel finalizes plan to send $37.5 million more to S. Nevada colleges
- Marriage equality a conservative ideal
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
LVH books a classic-rock act, and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation
Horses of a different color: Crazy Horse Too-Crazy Horse III in court next week; Helldorado Days plots its future (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.