Vegas Roots Community Garden's Marketplace at The Roots
Vegas Roots Community Garden, the oldest community garden in Las Vegas, is hosting a series of events entitled Marketplace at The Roots, on the Garden’s property at 715 N. Tonopah Drive.
Marketplace at The Roots, organized by Xena Foreman, offers the Las Vegas community an opportunity to visit and tour the garden, shop with a collective of 20 or more local vendors, pick organic produce and enjoy a lively, and often live, musical background.
Both parking and admission to the Marketplace is free. The Garden has a playground and parents are invited to bring their children to the Marketplace to enjoy it and to learn how food grows.
This month through May, the Marketplace will take place on the second and third Saturdays of each month.
When: Saturday, May 18, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Where: Vegas Roots Community Garden, 715 N. Tonopah Drive
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Feb. 19, 2013
Last updated Feb. 19, 2013
- After $7M renovation, Terrible’s casino now the Silver Sevens
- A month after wife’s death, Nellis technical sergeant confesses, police say
- Board tells Las Vegas table game maker: Stay out of California
- One dead in blast at Las Vegas truck repair facility
- Two apparent shooting victims found dead at apartment complex
- Children find rabid bat in North Las Vegas
- Hits keep coming for Obama team
- Legislator pitches cocktail, an acquired taste, as Nevada’s official drink
- Bills live and die on deadline day in Carson City
- Reid, Sandoval among heavy hitters going to bat for compromise NV Energy bill
LVH books a classic-rock act and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation
Horses of a different color: Crazy Horse Too-Crazy Horse III in court next week; Helldorado Days plots its future (1 Comment)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.