Vegas Roots Community Garden's Marketplace at The Roots
Vegas Roots Community Garden, the oldest community garden in Las Vegas, is hosting a series of events entitled Marketplace at The Roots, on the Garden’s property at 715 N. Tonopah Drive.
Marketplace at The Roots, organized by Xena Foreman, offers the Las Vegas community an opportunity to visit and tour the garden, shop with a collective of 20 or more local vendors, pick organic produce and enjoy a lively, and often live, musical background.
Both parking and admission to the Marketplace is free. The Garden has a playground and parents are invited to bring their children to the Marketplace to enjoy it and to learn how food grows.
This month through May, the Marketplace will take place on the second and third Saturdays of each month.
When: Saturday, May 11, 2013
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Vegas Roots Community Garden, 715 N. Tonopah Drive
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Feb. 19, 2013
Last updated Feb. 19, 2013
- Metro IDs former MLB all-star Jose Canseco as suspect in sexual assault
- Sausage at Firefly tests positive for salmonella; number of sick now at 294
- Fairgrounds on Las Vegas Strip will accommodate 64,000 for special events
- Photos: Wet ’n’ Wild water park is ready to make a splash in Las Vegas
- U.S. 95 reopened near Spaghetti Bowl after bomb scare
- Firefly owner enlists new PR firm after salmonella outbreak
- Pedestrian struck and killed by truck along U.S. 95
- Preview: Light, Daylight and Eclipse at Mandalay Bay are ready to rumble
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Jodi Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.