Vegas Roots Community Garden's Marketplace at The Roots
Vegas Roots Community Garden, the oldest community garden in Las Vegas, is hosting a series of events entitled Marketplace at The Roots, on the Garden’s property at 715 N. Tonopah Drive.
Marketplace at The Roots, organized by Xena Foreman, offers the Las Vegas community an opportunity to visit and tour the garden, shop with a collective of 20 or more local vendors, pick organic produce and enjoy a lively, and often live, musical background.
Both parking and admission to the Marketplace is free. The Garden has a playground and parents are invited to bring their children to the Marketplace to enjoy it and to learn how food grows.
This month through May, the Marketplace will take place on the second and third Saturdays of each month.
When: Saturday, May 11, 2013
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Vegas Roots Community Garden, 715 N. Tonopah Drive
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Feb. 19, 2013
Last updated Feb. 19, 2013
- Tequila Tuesday
- Tuscany Suites & Casino
- Sustainable Style: Fashion and Photography Exhibit
- Springs Preserve
- Trivia Night
- Murphy's Law
- Men arrested in death of teen during iPad robbery held without bail
- Joe Downtown: Tony Hsieh leads Ashton Kutcher on downtown tour
- Photos: Criss Angel’s buried alive in cement stunt at The Mirage is shut down
- Donald Trump wins court battle with an 87-year-old grandmother
- Las Vegas gas prices likely headed up, if Nevada passes fuel-tax bill
- Police: Purse missing from home where 75-year-old woman found dead
- Preview: Cirque du Soleil’s ‘Michael Jackson One’ opens tonight at Mandalay Bay
- Events guide: Memorial Day Weekend 2013
- Joe Downtown: Restaurant serving ‘Fresh American’ coming to East Village
- Nevada Assembly backs resolution to end ban on gay marriage
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.