Easter Seals Nevada Hosts Fifth Annual "Walk With Me"
On Saturday, March 23, at 9 a.m., walk tall with community leaders, local heroes and beloved celebrities at Easter Seals Nevada’s fifth annual Walk With Me event at W. Wayne Bunker Family Park. Registration is now open at www.walkwithme.org/lasvegas.
Gather with friends and family for an inspirational two-mile walk, live music, and Easter activities for the whole family. Flamingo headliner George Wallace will entertain the crowd as this year’s host and world-famous dance crew the Jabbawockeez will serve as the walk’s grand marshals.
Pre-walk festivities hosted by George Wallace include event kickoff speeches and entertainment beginning at 9 a.m. The activities will focus on the 2013 “Honorary Ambassadors,” individuals who have directly benefited from the support received through Easter Seals’ programs. At 9:30 a.m., grand marshals Jabbawockeez, along with the Honorary Ambassadors, will lead the two mile walk and all participants will have the opportunity to meet this year’s ambassadors.
At 10:15 a.m., Easter Seals presents its Easter Carnival featuring an Easter egg hunt, photos with the Easter Bunny, games and activities for the family, food, music and more. For a donation of $5, participants will receive entry into the Easter egg hunt. There will also be a special performance by School of Rock, the local chapter of the music school inspiring kids to rock on stage and in life.
Register as a team with friends, family and colleagues and collect pledges to benefit those in the local community who need support this Easter. Proceeds go toward Easter Seals Nevada and its mission to help individuals with disabilities become self-sufficient through direct services, education and community partnerships. Registration and additional information is available at www.walkwithme.org/lasvegas.
When: Saturday, March 23, 2013
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Bunker Family Park, 7351 W Alexander Rd, Las Vegas
Cost: Not available
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Jan. 31, 2013
Last updated Jan. 31, 2013
- Genting planning art exhibits, dragon dancers — even before Resorts World opens
- For Tom Cunningham and most other stabbing victims, much pain, no justice
- County OKs replacing Strip eyesore with casino preview centers
- North Las Vegas set to decide on controversial mortgage-seizure plan
- Time to re-evaluate Homeland Security
- Dynasty hotel-casino could open in Las Vegas by 2015
- Olekaibe shakes off rust in surprise appearance at Desert Reign
- Watching over us: Hundreds of freeway cameras monitor Southern Nevada roadways
- Bicyclist hit by truck, killed north of Jean
- Post-session, interim work keeps Nevada legislators busy, paid
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.