Vegas Roots Community Garden's Marketplace at The Roots
Vegas Roots Community Garden, the oldest community garden in Las Vegas, is hosting a series of events entitled Marketplace at The Roots, on the Garden’s property at 715 N. Tonopah Drive.
Marketplace at The Roots, organized by Xena Foreman, offers the Las Vegas community an opportunity to visit and tour the garden, shop with a collective of 20 or more local vendors, pick organic produce and enjoy a lively, and often live, musical background.
Both parking and admission to the Marketplace is free. The Garden has a playground and parents are invited to bring their children to the Marketplace to enjoy it and to learn how food grows.
This month through May, the Marketplace will take place on the second and third Saturdays of each month.
When: Saturday, March 16, 2013
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Vegas Roots Community Garden, 715 N. Tonopah Drive
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Feb. 19, 2013
Last updated Feb. 19, 2013
- Tequila Tuesday
- Tuscany Suites & Casino
- Sustainable Style: Fashion and Photography Exhibit
- Springs Preserve
- Trivia Night
- Murphy's Law
- It’s back! New Wet ‘n’ Wild wins over frolickers thirsty for Vegas water park
- Deadline strikes: A look at major legislation that made, missed cut
- New Firefly location welcomes customers, begins task of regaining their trust
- IRS scandal and gays in the military
- Las Vegas resort beaches offer oasis in middle of the desert
- Be grateful for chance to work
- Seeing red: Protesters call attention to genetically modified food
- Legislation tasks campus authority with defining, designing new UNLV stadium
- Mo Denis and the walking dead: Majority leader keeps recycling legislation alive as ‘zombie bill’
- Immigrant license plan advances, but state drink proposal may die
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.